Monday 23 September 2013

My everyday makeup brushes!

L to R: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Front Cover All over Eye Brush, Beauty Strokes Airbrush Finish Stippling Brush & Elizabeth Arden Face Powder Brush (Large)



Hello lovelies
The brushes I have photographed above are ones I use on a daily basis to apply my makeup. The first brush you see on the left hand side, is the Real Techniques Expert Face brush by Samantha Chapman. This brush is excellent for applying foundation and blending it out over your face. It has a supersoft texture and an easy grip handle. So far I love this brush and I've only had it a few months. This has made my mind up about my next purchase from this brand!

The Front Cover eye brush, is one which I recieved as a gift in a kit from Boots. This brush has helped me as a beginner with eye shadow. It works perfect for applying eye shadow to the crease when you turn the brush on its side. It can also be used to do a full eye colour depending on the eye shadow consistency.

Recently I was looking for a stippling brush as I have seen many Youtubers and bloggers talking about how the stippling brushes provide an overall smooth finish. This brush is from TK Maxx I am unsure of places you can get this brush other than here. This brush lived up to my expectations of stippling brushes. I use this brush with my MAC Studio Fix powder plus foundation, which helps me buff it into my skin perfectly and obtain a smooth finish. 

My last brush that I use daily is the Elizabeth Arden Powder Brush. This brush was a bargain purchase at the price of £8 in a Boots offer. This brush is a little large for normal application of powder or brusher so I tend to use it if I am applying a finishing powder or Mineral Veil. It has a soft fluffy texture and is gentle on your skin during applications.

I wash all of my brushes using Johnstons Baby shampoo, and rinse them with lukewarm water. With these makeup brushes I tend to allow them to naturally dry. This is due to use of heat on the brushes resulting in the glue that holds bristles melting. 


I'll see you all in my next blog, mwah! x

No comments:

Post a Comment