Sunday 22 September 2013

Everyone loves a MAC treat!

Goodbye Bank Balance!


I always remember when I was younger being in awe of the expensive make-up stores and wishing I could afford it! Finally this year, I purchased 4 MAC products over various months. My first MAC must have had to be a foundation, so after reading various reviews I decided on the Studio Fix Fluid. My shade is NC15 as I am quite pale. This foundation has great lasting power on me, despite my oily skin. It also is a perfect match for my skin tone and does not look "cakey" on my skin. I also purchases the Studio Fix Powder foundation in NC20, which is slightly dark for my skin but still looks natural over a tinted moisturiser. The finish of this powder can be heavy if over-applied and I recommend using a buffing brush to apply this powder to ensure the product is worked into your skin rather than laying on top.

After the hype of MAC lipsticks I had to purchase one when I finally had the money. I ended up eventually choosing two lipsticks which I am utterly in love with. I chose Brave & Russian Red. Brave is the perfect "your lips but better" shade for me, it is perfect to wear every day and isn't too in your face. Brave is also a non drying lipstick for me, it stays soft on my lips throughout a day and only needs a few touch ups. Russian Red is the ultimate red lip for me, it has the perfect tone and would look great with alot of skin tones. MAC lipsticks have a vanilla like smell and most have great lasting power. The satin finish is my favourite I think out of the two I purchased, only due to the bleeding of Russian Red. The bleeding problem would be solved with a simple lip liner before application.

    Bye guys, see you in my next post! x

No comments:

Post a Comment